Saturday, June 15, 2013

The best part about making sandcastles...

Earlier this week I met up with the M family out at Ironwoods beach in Kapalua. This family was referred to me by the A family; and I can totally see why these two families are friends. Needless to say, I got my belly's worth of laughs in this week. First with the Haws family, then with the A family, and now with the M family. Holy smokes. I have the best clients ever.

Anyway, on to sandcastles. I always encourage my clients to get comfortable in front of the camera by playing with each other. Whether it's picking up the kids and swinging them around or running through the surf--whatever it is, if you're having fun the pictures are going to turn out splendidly! While I was busy snapping photos of the Isabella and her dad Felipe, mom Katie and son Connor started building a sandcastle. How sweet I thought to myself. They made a small little castle as I snapped away.

And then they stopped, looked at me, and said "You know what's best part about building a sandcastle?" Then without warning Isabella comes charging into the scene like Godzilla on Tokyo and she proceeds to, with the help of her brother, smash the castle to bits. Well, I guess I know what the best part about building a sandcastle is now...


 Anyway, we had so much fun running through the surf and playing in the sand--these guys definitely had no problem warming up to the camera!


And there were some tender moments too (I told Connor and Isabella not to look for fear of their eyes melting out of their heads--"Mom and Dad, kissing? Gross!") :)



M Family: Between chasing the kids up and down the beach and laughing until my sides were sore, I can't think of a better way to spend my evening (topped off with dinner for my husband's birthday, of course). A huge mahalo to you all for allowing me to be your Maui photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment